U of Washington basketball

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

eric

I had my first chance to shoot a basketball game, it was a blast. I only tried a couple angles, I had a hard time figuring out where on the baseline I liked to shoot from as well. I didn't have a 300mm prime which would have been nice and given me a chance to shoot form the corners as well. Comments/criticism appreciated.

1)
DSC_4900-L.jpg

2)
DSC_4919-L.jpg

3)
DSC_4969-L.jpg

4)
DSC_5016-L.jpg

5)
DSC_5035-L.jpg

6)
DSC_5045-L.jpg

7)
DSC_5063-L.jpg

8)
DSC_5109-L.jpg

9) I had this weird issue that was really aggravating that seemed to crop up most when shoot a lot of shots in a row. I need to do some testing but I think it's the memory card, has anyone seen this particular issue with a d700 before?
DSC_5244-L.jpg

10)
DSC_5402-L.jpg

11)
DSC_5542-L.jpg

12)
DSC_5652-L.jpg

Nice job, Eric. I've spent some time up on the catwalk this fall shooting hoops and volleyball. It a fun, though slightly harrowing experience. I hope you removed all your loose items before going out there! ;)

Because the window is so small around the hoop when bending over the railing, it's tough to capture good action. I think I prefer the first Gaddy layup. I also like the image of CJ shooting a jumper with the defender in his face.

The banding issue is kinda scary. Last time I saw something like that was on my first Canon body several years ago. Sounds like you definitely need to test a different card, because if that's not the problem, Nikon had better fix it!

Max

Im using a d700 off and on and no issues here. I have been using high speed Sandisk cards but didnt see an issue with even a cheap Kingston card. Nice shots btw.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back