Washington Photographer Intros

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I introduced myself in the main forum but I wanted to say hi here! :)

I'm Katie, I'm located on the Kitsap Peninsula. My studio is in Bremerton and I live in the Silverdale area. I'm LOVING what they're doing with downtown Bremerton! If you haven't been around there lately, it's looking very nice. A complete change from when we moved here almost 6 years ago. As soon as they get that old JC Penney building redone, it will be great!

I JUST recently (this week) sold all my Canon gear and switched to Nikon. Now I'm getting used to a new camera and system before my weddings start in June. EEEEEK!

Just wanted to stop by here and say hello! :)

Hello from Kitsap

Hello. Katie (above) told me about your forum. I'm Holly. I love photographing PEOPLE, especially kids. I seem to have a special knack for getting along with them and photographing them. (Maybe because I think on their level!)

I'm a Nikon dslr girl through and through. I'm interested in learning to shoot landscapes better and am still developing my style in this area. Looking forward to networking with some people in the area. I'm on the Kitsap Peninsula.

Holly

Holly Ann Hunt

Last edited:
Hello Holly and welcome aboard!

Nice to hear you're a Nikon fan, I think they're great cameras and really like mine. One nice thing about this forum is that we don't have a lot of that "my stuff is better" rivalry going on, and aside from a bit of good natured kidding, nobody really worries about what the other person is shooting. I like that.

Since we have some new folks, a brief recap of how the forum started...

Robert, Steve C and I, along with a couple others who frequent a railroad site I run were talking over lunch one day, and we were discussing the need for someplace to talk about photography. We all photograph lots more than just trains and needed someplace to get together online and share photos. We also wanted something specific to the Northwest, a place to talk about good photo locations, where to buy gear, hear about new events etc. Something specific to our area and the places we shoot.

I'd tried a few of the other Northwest Photo forums, but they weren't quite what I had in mind, and also weren't very active. So, I decided to build my own, which wasn't hard as I already run very popular sites about railroads, model railroads and gardening. So I created this site, invited a few more friends like Deb, Arline, Leia, Nina and some of my gardening pals, and we got the place going. After a year or so online we're doing quite well, and attracting lots of new members. We have nearly 1,000 fans on Facebook, and the forum is active.

We offer some features the other sites don't, like the photo gallery and the ability for folks to view photos without logging in. We also offer event calendars and a resource directory (which I hope will eventually get more use).

Hey All, Brian Harmon here from The far West end of the Olympic Peninsula. My wife Ali and I run Chito Beach Resort, half way between Sekiu, WA and Neah Bay. We have been here for a couple for years and still getting used to the rain. I have a Sony A100 and a few lenses. We moved here from AZ and I am loving it, a photographers paradise

Welcome Brian! :)

I am going to guess that the area you are in up there isn't as citified as where I am down here in Vancouver, WA. What part of AZ did you guys live in?

I moved here from the Mojave Desert in 2007 and used to spend a lot of time 3 hours east in AZ. Going there again this August as I really miss the desert down there in Monsoon season and frankly, just don't get the same inspiration here in my WA area as I did in the deserts. I miss the wide open vistas, colorful formations, joshua trees and spectacular sunsets very much. At least there is always vacation time to go back and enjoy them. :)

*doing tons more macro shots and far less wide vista shots these days*

Welcome Brian! :)

I am going to guess that the area you are in up there isn't as citified as where I am down here in Vancouver, WA. What part of AZ did you guys live in?

I moved here from the Mojave Desert in 2007 and used to spend a lot of time 3 hours east in AZ. Going there again this August as I really miss the desert down there in Monsoon season and frankly, just don't get the same inspiration here in my WA area as I did in the deserts. I miss the wide open vistas, colorful formations, joshua trees and spectacular sunsets very much. At least there is always vacation time to go back and enjoy them. :)

*doing tons more macro shots and far less wide vista shots these days*

Grew up in Lake Havasu City, AZ and now still have 2.5 Acres with house just east of Flagstaff, AZ. My view from my front deck is 60 miles or so LOL. I have some good views from the place here on the Strait. Whales and otters most days and tons of eagles

Reflections by Crystal - Olympia WA

Hello, My name is Crystal Spath.. I own and operate Reflections by Crystal - Breathtaking Photographic Art in Olympia Wa... We specialize in Children's photography, but also do seniors, families, maternity etc.. To me, nothing is more rewarding than to caputure the precious moments that pass us to quickly.. our website is http://www.reflectionsbycrystal.com I use a Canon camera as well. I look forward to chatting with you here on the forum.

What a beautiful gallery you have!!!! I enjoyed browsing it and am looking forward to more of your work. Welcome. :)

hmm I don't post up much in here, I fall in and out of forums lol

Name is Erick and I got into photography and art by chance, I needed to find something to do that was not hard on my body (way to many injuries). I shoot a lot of sports (because of my kids) and landscape but I am getting into urban shooting and people (which can be trying) :eek:

here is my website for now (I am working on a new one)
http://www.significantharmony.com/

hello everyone, my name is Trevor and im located in Shoreline. ive been shooting consistently far the past 3 years but have been behind a camera for 5+. i really got into it once my sister became a local model.

heres one of my most recent shots of my tabby Jetta.

5239528926_dc402a4a71_z.jpg

Hi, I'm new here. :) Was given a card by a photographer at Northwest Trek in Washington.
I'm Jordan, in the Eastside area. I've been photographing for just under two years, and I love landscape photography. The landscape of Washington has been a love of mine since I moved here in '99 at age 7. Consequently, I spend my time shooting the mountainous regions around, most recently the Olympics on the peninsula. My favorite place here, though, is Mt. Rainier, which was the first trip I remember when we moved.
I look forward to being a part of this community.

Hi, I'm new here. :) Was given a card by a photographer at Northwest Trek in Washington.

Hello, and welcome to the forum, glad you decided to check the place out! That's our "low budget" advertising program, but it seems to work OK.

Hope you got some good shots that day, I got a few I need to post.

Hello from West Seattle!

Hello,
My name is David Rosen. I am a Professional Photographer from West Seattle. I currently own a Canon 7D and have been shooting photography professionally now for about 3 years. I currently own my own Photography business called SlickPix Photography and you can check out my website at http://www.slickpixphotography.com I take all sorts of different kinds of photo's and not just focus on one subject. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back