weekend woodies

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
some wood ducks made an appearance while i was at the park yesterday... i have tons of pics of these little guys, but i always seem to take more whenever i see them... :confused: anyway, these were shot with the 40D and 100-400 @ 400mm, various shutter speeds # f/6.3...

IMG_5812sm_filtered.jpg

IMG_5798sm.jpg

IMG_5823sm.jpg

I can see why you keep taking photos of them, they're just so pretty.

Does the second one have a Great Uncle that's a Flamingo? ;)

I think they are my favorites too, but seldom see them.

Aw, she's whispering sweet nothings into his ear in #3.

thanks, Willy and Janice... ;) i'm fortunate enough to be able to see them fairly regularly at this particular park, especially in winter and early spring. in April and May, they're a bit more reclusive because they're nesting, but around July you can see mom and the kids fairly frequently, though the males stay mostly out of sight till late fall.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back