Western Tanager

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I was surprised to see this guy in the backyard at the top of the morning on Tuesday. I grabbed my camera for a couple of grab shots. At first I thought it may be an ultra-rare for this region tropical bird. All in all I saw about a half dozen Western Tanager making their way through along with a variety of other species.
7189939_orig.jpg

5399012_orig.jpg

Lovely! I just saw our first American goldfinch of the spring. Don't think we've had a tanager in the yard, so that's about as colorful as we get here.

Max

nice, Bill! i've only gotten a tanager once, several years ago, and it was much too far away for a decent shot. i'll have to keep an eye out for these little guys!

Hey, Chad!!! :) Fantastic - so glad to see these! Great shots - love the intense color - and one of my favorite birds!

We are coming full circle, as Terry has called Rocky "Chad."
oops! sorry!! <red-faced> for some reason i got it into my head that Bill had posted those...

No sweat, Rocky. The only reason I mentioned it was, I know that Bill will call you Chad and has jokingly called me Rocky because Terry got us mixed up once.

I know it's just a matter of time until I overlook the original poster's name and mistakenly refer to them as a different member's name. :eek:

No sweat, Rocky. The only reason I mentioned it was, I know that Bill will call you Chad and has jokingly called me Rocky because Terry got us mixed up once.

I know it's just a matter of time until I overlook the original poster's name and mistakenly refer to them as a different member's name. :eek:

Just use the term OP (for Original Poster) and know one will know.

Just use the term OP (for Original Poster) and know one will know.
Funny you mention that, When I was typing the reply I used "OP" but changed it to "original poster" not to further confuse those already confused enough. LOL

"LOL"= Laughing out loud; but not really laughing out loud...Wut?!?! Cyberspace, I tell ya!

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back