What kind of bird is this?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

arlinescott

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love to get "grab shots" of birds and other wildlife and usually have a pretty good idea what I am catching but this bird has me stumped. Can anyone tell me what it is? I am stretching the NW thing with this but it was taken in SW Oregon.

It looks like a yellow-billed magpie to me. If it is, it would be a very rare spotting in southern Oregon (they are native to the central valley of California).

Thanks Phil...

We were near some aviary so maybe he was an escapee. Either that or I caught him on vacation. That would also explain why he wasn't easy to find in my book of northwestern birds.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back