Where is this photo shot?

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
After you're done laughing at the "Elephant Tsunami Warning System" April Fools joke they've posted, take a look at the bridge photo at the top of this page and tell me where the bridge is located.

http://www.oregoncoasttoday.com/elephantalertsystem.html

Obviously, it's on the Oregon Coast, but where? Looks like a nice scenic location.

PS - No, it's not a "quiz", I honestly don't know the location.

Jake, that's the problem, a lot of those Oregon Coast Highway bridges look alike.

However, I'm going to say that I don't think it's Lincoln City, but I could be wrong.

The bridge is definitely at Depot Bay. However it isn't D River since D River is in Lincoln City. The bridge spans the entrance to the "world's smallest harbor."

Youngwarrior, a quick Google search indicates that he and you are correct, and you're also right about the D River.

However, you've been spending too much time around trains. :) It's Depoe Bay, not Depot Bay, and as far as I know, Depoe Bay has no Depot...

I too confirm it is the Depoe Bay bridge. The building on the end belongs to Oregon State Parks Whale Watching Center. There are often resident gray whales swimming around near shore and with a long lens you stand a good chance of capturing one. Better yet, hop onto one of the whale watching cruises and you are likely to see one up close.

Whale spoken here.

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back