Recent content by ddietiker

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. ddietiker

Wachlella Falls

I was a lot closer than it appears, I was shooting at 16mm. I was pretty water logged too :)
  2. ddietiker

Wachlella Falls

I've been there many times Rocky, to get close up shots I bring a large micro-fiber cloth. My last shot there my technique was: Set exposure manually, focus for DOF, wipe lens and cover with hand, wait for a slight break in the waterfall spray, move hand take shot, wipe lens cover with hand...
  3. ddietiker

Mountain Goats in Western WA?

It's actually closer to 3.5 miles one way. About 2000 feet of elevation gain. I did it last year, larches are spectacular in fall up there. It's not a bad day hike.
  4. ddietiker

Mountain Goats in Western WA?

I've seen herds of them at Berkely Park on Rainier, Spray park too. So up close and personal at Ingalls Lake I could have used my wide angle.
  5. ddietiker

Do you shoot video with your DSLR?

There wasn't an additional option: I have zero interest in shooting video even if my camera is capable. I used to have a dedicated video camera, barely used it.
  6. ddietiker

Where is this?

I don't know about that road, the first part of it past the trees looks like an avalanche waiting to happen. When I do it, my plan would be like you mentioned.
  7. ddietiker

Where is this?

I would be looking for fairly fresh snow with lots on the trees. Not something I would typically expect in Spring.
  8. ddietiker

Where is this?

I've been meaning to do that hike one of these days, I havent seen any good shots with snow cover from there. Might be one way to get a really original shot, at least, thats my plan.
  9. ddietiker

Where is this?

That's why they have snow shoes Bob :D
  10. ddietiker

Where is this?

Looks like Mt Adams from Takhlakh Lake to me Bob.
  11. ddietiker

Bad weather?

Here is what I look for, incoming weather after a weather break for morning shooting and outgoing weather for evening.
  12. ddietiker

Outdoor Photographer competition

Outdoor Photographer competition "Natures Colors" This shot of mine taken in Zion has been selected as a finalist, Here is a link to the photo
  13. ddietiker

Bad weather?

I have spent plenty of time waiting for a break in the clouds/rain at sunset/sunrise only to be disappointed numerous times Rocky. Or it opens up just enough to tease... Many folks don't realize the time and effort it takes to get great light. I spent 4 days on the coast and came away with 2...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back