Recent content by DeddoArts

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. DeddoArts

Pileated Woodpecker

Beautiful shots! I had a pair who frequented my suet feeders at my old house, I miss them. It is great to see yours up close :)
  2. DeddoArts

More Serious Marina Park Eagle Action

Fantastic action shots! The one with the blood on the tail might be my favorite... I just love watching eagles in action.
  3. DeddoArts

Back in Action - Blue Heron

Thanks Bill :) Herons are one of my favorites, but I'm a sucker for any birding opportunity. I'm hoping to get out more as the weather clears up more on the weekends
  4. DeddoArts

Thank you! :) It was shot right after sunrise... the heron came to visit the same spot on particularly cold mornings. I was able to get close by using the bridge as somewhat of a blind.
  5. DeddoArts

Hello! I've been absent from the forum for the last couple years due to having gone through the long process of packing, moving, selling the old place, and regaining my sanity ;) I've been shooting when I can, but fell far behind in editing and uploading anything (even to my site) I'm hoping...
  6. DeddoArts

Behind Our Home...

Great lighting on the rolling hills, it looks very peaceful!
  7. DeddoArts

a couple from the park this afternoon...

Very nice captures! (there is nothing "just" about great bird shots!)
  8. DeddoArts

Unexpected Surprise

The eyes make me think it's a female sharp-shinned hawk (all the photos I see of Merlins have brown eyes, yours has the gold of a sharp-shinned) Great shot! We've had one dive-bomb our bird feeders in the spring a few times :) I agree with E on the C&C... I would try to darken the lower...
  9. DeddoArts

Rainier Lenticulars

Beautiful! I keep seeing amazing cloud formations around the mountains above Issaquah and I'm continually cursing the power lines that block every view I can find. Ansel Adams mounted a platform to the roof of his car to shoot from... I'm seriously considering doing the same thing.
  10. DeddoArts

Seaside/Astoria

Nice shots - the skies this time of year are great fun. October is also a wonderful time to visit the Oregon Coast (if you can get around school schedules) far fewer tourists and great weather to photograph. I love the shot of the Astoria Bridge in particular, it is an epic bridge to cross and...
  11. DeddoArts

Home-made twin lens reflex camera - first test

A couple weeks ago my husband surprised me with a kit to build a plastic twin lens reflex camera. I set right to work putting it together, and after a slight modification (the gasket for the top lens was smooth plastic, causing the lens to perpetually fall into the viewer. I replaced that with...
  12. DeddoArts

Snowy Owls and Mt. Baker

Beautiful shots! I love the direct eye contact you got in shot#2. As to your question, IMHO I don't think the other two owls need to have warmth added... the main owl making eye contact is the center of attention, and the other two are watching him, so it seems natural for them to be a little...
  13. Car Number 367

Car Number 367

Images shot with the twin lens reflex camera I built - train car detail
  14. Tracks Divide

Tracks Divide

Images shot with the twin lens reflex camera I built - a detail of the tracks, shot as an experiment to see how much is included in the frame. (quite a lot more than what shows in the viewfinder lens)
  15. Walking the Tracks

Walking the Tracks

Images shot with the twin lens reflex camera I built - my daughter balancing on the tracks, waiting patiently for me to finish shooting
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back