Edmonds Eagles 2014/15

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

We have yet to see the female Pt. Edwards eagle sitting on the nest. Tuesday (4/2) I did catch one of the pair flying south over the marsh from the ferry dock toward Pt. Edwards.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Exceptional. There's part of something, probably a feather hanging off of it's beak. Thanks for sharing!
Chad

All of the ducks in the marsh took off en masse as the eagle flew over. We thought the eagle might swoop down and make a pass at one of the ducks, but it just kept flying south around Pt. Edwards.

Easter Sunday (4/5) I saw both of the Pt. Edwards eagles perched together on the family tree at the top of Pine St., which means the female is not nest sitting.

06043bb78bd95e2c0278356d3061d75c.jpg
3d880e3c1455e9d39efba81a60b5ce33.jpg
e0ff87ae5007ea2ad9b42e42db00364e.jpg
3cb56439f48d7bfeff001be6fc8db410.jpg
162fcc9b247c9d051d736c16b4c9f2ba.jpg
e88d2f0622e70b65a6d9cf0fc4898933.jpg

This is Marina Beach "Mama" doing a close low pass by me...could feel the wind from her wings as she flew by:)

Thursday (4/9) I lugged the 5DIII + 500L + 2x teleconverter all attached to my heavy tripod out to the fishing pier. One of the Pt. Edwards was perched at its regular spot on one of the pilings near the ferry dock. It took off and headed southeast as we were walking out to the pier. Daren got these shots of the eagle in flight with the 7D + 100-400L telephoto zoom.

01.JPG

02.JPG

Tuesday afternoon (4/14) Daren got some shots of one of the Pt. Edwards eagles after it took off from its usual perch on one of the pilings off the Senior Center.

The eagle flew south.......
01.JPG

then turned southeast and flew directly over us.
02.JPG

03.JPG

The eagle's crowtourage followed.
04.JPG

05.JPG

Last edited:
Thursday morning (4/16) a southbound freight had two of Boeing's birds trailing the engines as it passed the marsh.
01.JPG

02.JPG

Two of Mother Nature's birds trailed the freight: one of the Pt. Edwards eagles followed by an evil minion of the Dark Lord.
03.JPG

04.JPG

After bathing in Willow Creek on the south side of the marsh, the eagle perched on a telephone pole beside the tracks to dry off. It watched a southbound lumber train while being strafed by an evil minion of the Dark Lord.
07.JPG

08.JPG

Next was a coal train from Wyoming's Powder River Basin headed for the giant coal docks at Roberts Bank, BC, where the coal is transferred to large ocean liners bound for Asia.
09.JPG

The coal trains always have one or two radio controlled diesels pushing on the rear, which I am sure impressed the eagle.
10.JPG

12.JPG

I don't think the female is sitting on the nest, as I saw both eagles airborne in the area later that afternoon.

Last edited:
Saturday (4/18) was a big eagle day in Edmonds. In the morning Daren and I just missed seeing the Pt. Edwards pair chasing an osprey over the marina. The gulls followed chasing all three birds.

This gull decided to take a bite at the eagle.
01.JPG

After the osprey was dispatched, one of the pair chased the other off the top perch of the family piling off the Senior Center near the ferry dock.
02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Continued

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back