Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. CNelson

Mount Shasta Views

I'm back from my month-long visit to the north state (California) and thought I'd share a few shots I got when I drove to the "other" side of the mountain to get some shots as the sun set on Mt. Shasta. I didn't get the colors I was hoping for, every sunset is different, but I find consolation...
  2. CNelson

Seasons

Sorry to be posting so much. I’ve been quite a while between photo ops so I may be overdoing it a bit. Yesterday, just for fun, I went back to a location where I got a winter shot and took a spring shot of the same general view. Actually both shots are HDR and I’ve painterized them. I know...
  3. CNelson

Moonshine

I'm in Northern California for a couple weeks and the other evening I looked out the window and the moon was rising up along the left flank of Mount Shasta. I grabbed my camera gear and got some shots. Chuck In this shot the almost full moon is very near the top of the mountain. It was...
  4. CNelson

Tree In The Mist - Almost Overlooked

I took this picture a few years ago but ignored it in favor of shots I preferred at the time. It was an early morning shoot with mist rising off the Shasta River in northern California. I recently stumbled across this shot and decided I liked it. I worked it up with a painterly look (Topaz...
  5. CNelson

Mistique

It's still raining outside so I'm staying dry and playing in my digital darkroom. This image was inspired by an art book I saw in my accountant's office while waiting to have my taxes done. He was a great painter but I don't remember his name. His thing was to put realistic objects in an...
  6. CNelson

Bend in The River

This looks like it could be a winter shot but I took it last May when I was camping on the ranch where I grew up. It rained on us every day which isn't fun for camping but I did get some interesting bad weather shots. This was just after the sun set and while there was still some color in the...
  7. CNelson

Too Cool Not to Share

Yesterday morning as we were heading south from our northern California visit, we saw this amazing cloud at the top of Mount Shasta. The sun was rising behind the mountain and the "cloud" was likely snow or ice crystals being whipped about the summit by strong winds. The swirling winds give...
  8. CNelson

Shots From Northern California

I visit this forum but don't post much here because most of the time I'm Pacific and West but no so North. However we are in Siskiyou County (far north CA) for Thanksgiving so I feel comfortable sharing some PNW shots from this past week. First is GEESE TAKING FLIGHT....I used this image to...
  9. CNelson

Vintage cars

While visiting northern California I had an opportunity to photograph some vintage cars in a rural setting. I spent the better part of a day with the interesting fellows who restore these vehicles. Here's a sample: Chuck #1 First an EMF....I had never heard of an EMF, if you aren't...
  10. CNelson

Car Show

I don’t normally go to car shows but went to one the other day with my camera gear. I felt like a coyote in a hen house…didn’t know where to start. Lots of great cars to shoot but I found a car show is not the best place to shoot cars as they are jammed together and people are everywhere so...
  11. CNelson

Waterfall on the McCloud River

I returned to the Middle Falls on the McCloud River to try for some shots on a stormy day with high water. I have shots under bright sunny conditions but wanted something different. The first two shots are HDR with ND filter and the third shot is processed for a painterly look. Chuck #1...
  12. CNelson

Maintenance Deferred

I haven't posted in a while so here's a couple shots from far northern California where we identify with the Pacific Northwest. I took the shots a couple years ago when shooting some property for an organization, but recently re-discovered them and worked them up. The term "maintenance...
  13. CNelson

Light in The Midst of The Storm

We are in northern California for a couple weeks so yesterday I set out on a stormy day to see what I could shoot. I came upon this scene which had its own natural beauty but also a bit of symbolism. Sorry about the large logo. Chuck
  14. CNelson

Steam Train

This will be my first image post on this site. I was told that there are a number of train fans on this forum so I'll post this. The train image was taken a few years ago in Yreka, CA. It's the Yreka Western Railroad train pulling out of the station. It was a chance encounter and I jumped...
  15. CNelson

Just Joined - Checking in

An acquaintance from another forum pointed me to this forum and I was quite pleased to find it. There appears to be a lot of talent on here and I hope to learn a lot and share with others when I can. While I live in Castro Valley, CA, I was raised on a ranch in Siskiyou County, CA which gives...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back