Search results

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. ddietiker

Outdoor Photographer competition

Outdoor Photographer competition "Natures Colors" This shot of mine taken in Zion has been selected as a finalist, Here is a link to the photo
  2. ddietiker

Bad weather?

Makes for great photography. How often do you look outside or read the weather report and see lousy weather ahead? Time to stay home right? Mostly cloudy? check... Rain? check... time to head out the door. You cant be a nice day landscape photgrapher if you want to get great shots. Which also...
  3. ddietiker

I love this time of year

Conditions in the mountains create an environment where you can shoot almost all day without worrying about harsh light and fall colors are peaking, it really doesn't get any better. For once, the forecast was correct and I got some clouds :)
  4. ddietiker

Central Oregon Coast

Another from my trip this week. Lots of possibilities, I cant wait to head back again. 16-35 @ 20mm, f11
  5. ddietiker

Cape Kiwanda

16-35 @ 35mm, f16 ISO-50 and a CP mostly because it is easier to clean the spray off it than the front element. Had to keep an eye out for big waves...
  6. ddietiker

Stream and Flowers

I was up at Rainier again, this time on the Paradise side. I stood on some rocks right in the middle to get this shot, sometimes you just have to get your feet wet.
  7. ddietiker

It's all about patience

I was up on Mount Rainier last night at Sunrise. Just when I thought sunset was done, it lit up and I got this.... A little patience and be willing to hike back in the dark Edited to add shooting info: 16-35 at 16mm, f13, 6 sec, 3 stop GND
  8. ddietiker

Seahawks Training Camp

Not a subject I normally shoot, actually I've never shot football before, but I went to a couple practices and of course I had to take pictures :)
  9. ddietiker

The Gorge trip

Spent over an hour standing in the cold river waiting for the light I liked. I'm not sure this will be my final image from the short trip, but it is the first I PP from this location. Landscape photography requires lots of patience and perseverance. And warm boots to put on afterwards :)...
  10. ddietiker

Light Painting

This was my first attempt at light painting. What better place than North Window with Turret Arch in the background. I had never seen this tried at this location so thought I would give it a go while the sun was rising to add a little extra light. Learned a lot with this try. D3x, f2.8 and...
  11. ddietiker

Shutter speed

This was taken in the evening as the sun set. Very little color was present so I shot this to process as a B&W. Someone once asked me what Photoshop processing I did to get the water to look like that. I told them I did it the old fashioned way, slow shutter speed. I set up and stood in the...
  12. ddietiker

Tipsoo - a different perspective

I mentioned this shot in the Owens Valley thread. Most people wouldn't recognize this as Tipsoo lake as it is not the traditional shot of Mt. Rainier. I think many people get so focused on the images they have seen before and don't take the time to look and "see". At times, I also think the...
  13. ddietiker

Hi

Hello folks. I have been looking around for a local photography forum. After browsing the pages here this seems like a nice place to land :) My name is Douglas Dietiker and I am a landscape photographer. I got started the way many landscape folks do, by hiking and camping in this beautiful...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back